What is every60seconds.com? Have you ever heard of promotion and wish you heard about it back then especially if it involves something, you have interest in? What was it about? If you are a game lover, then you may have had of the every 60 seconds promotion. Although it is over, it won’t harm you to know the details, right?
Click here to read more surveys to win rewards
Marketing can be expensive and complicated for a company. The task of getting a brand out there for people to like and buy can be hard and time consuming if not approached in the right way. That is why companies have to be smart when it comes to how they approach the issue.
Some face marketing alone. They can target the audience and sell what they make, increase sales, and product royalty, and succeed. Others do the same and end up flopping hard. Some choose to approach the marketing giant as one unit. A good example is mountain dew and Dorito.
The two companies started a campaign to increase sales and customer loyalty. That is by giving the public a chance to in Xbox game through the codes they collected. Though the promotion is over, read along and know what it entailed and how it as easy to win.
About the two Products
About Mountain Dew
If you take energy drinks, am sure you are aware of the bottle. The drink is a product of Pepsi Inc. that as innovated as part of the other drinks them make. What makes the drink special is how it gained popularity within a flash, and that more sales are coming from the drink.
The drink comes in many flavors. That is to give customers a variety to choose from. The famous one is the citrus flavor. If you walk in any store, it is a drink that flies off the shelves, and that explains why the Dorito Company wanted to collaborate with the drink.
Since it is an energy drink, it is associated with many games. It has been used in many games promotions and the process bringing in revenue for Pepsi. That also explains why it was also associated with the promotion for selling the X box console games.
Do you take snacks when you play your games? You might think your hands are busy always when you play, but the truth is having a bite to eat while you play digital games boost your energy. That was the thinking of the two companies when they decided to combine Dorito with mountain dew.
Doritos are triangular-shaped potato crisp that you take as a snack with a drink. They are a great snack when hanging out and especially when watching a movie or playing digital games. A combination of an energy drink and a snack during a gaming session makes all the difference. That is why mountain dew and Dorito came together.
To give people an unusual combination of snack and drink when playing together. The idea was great, especially among young people. That is why the promotion was a success though it dints last for long. So, what was the intention of the two companies when they decided to have the promotion?
What was the Aim of the promotion?
What did the two companies want to achieve when they started the promotion? For the promotion to be a success, they must have had a vision of what they want to achieve after the end of the promotion. The following are the reasons behind the aggressive promotion:
- It was an excellent marketing plan
The move of having people spot a unique code in the two items was a smart move. The two products go in handy, and if you are a gamer, it is obvious you will buy both of them and in the process, look for the code to enter the promotion.
The companies knew that gamers need an energy drink and some snack when playing, especially young people. Having promotion that promises a participant to in an Xbox game is a sure way of making people buy more and more mountain dew and Doritos to gain more points to in the game.
- Creates brand loyalty
If you ask any game lover, it feels good to have a drink to energize you while you play. It is also entertaining to have something to eat while you play. Having the two items promotion is a wonderful way to attract gamers from the US and other participating countries.
They were drawn into buying the two products. With the promise of winning the Xbox game or other games, it saw many gamers only going for mountain dew drink and Dorito snacks to correct more codes. That created brand royalty since there as something to in when you buy.
- Increase purchase
It is obvious that people like winning. Such a promotion saw more and more people walking into their favorite stores to spot the code. It stopped being a gamers affair and soon become everyone’s case since everyone ant to stand a chance of winning the X box console
With much advertisement about the promotion, many people ere walking into stores to buy the two items to gather the codes. That saw a shoot in sales and revenue during that time. That as the intention of the promotion and it is clear that they achieved it.
- To award royal customers
Many people doubted the promotion. That is because it involved a lengthy process collecting the codes, banking them, and using them to bid for the Xbox game within 60 seconds. People dint believe that the promotion was genuine, but it happened.
With many winners surfacing to testify about their win, the speculation seized. May wish they could have known earlier, but the promotion was open for w while and then closed. There were winners during the promotion who took home the Xbox console and other games.
Every 60 seconds.com Promotion Details
|Promotion age||17 +|
|Countries to participate||US and District of Columbia|
|Deadline||3rd January 2018|
Rules and regulations for the promotion
When the promotion as on, there were laid down rules and regulations they the promotion management expected all participants to follow. The following were the rules:
- Must be 17 years and above. For you to effectively take part in the promotion, you had to be 17 years and above. Considering that most teens take part in gaming. That is why they set the age limit to be 17 years and above. If you were below the age, you were not legible for the promotion.
- You had to purchase. Participants were expected to correct a 10- character code that was available underneath the white bottle caps on exclusive marked 20 oz. bottle of mountain dew and specialized marked Dorito bags. For you to do that, you had to buy the two items to get the code.
- You had to bank the codes online. The codes had to be kept online on every60seconds.com it means you had to have a computer, tablet, or an android phone with a good network connection. The bidding also happened online, so the network-enabled device was vital.
- You had to have time and interest. The promotion required a lot of participant time. You had to buy, bank codes and then participate in the 60 seconds bidding, it as tedious and time-consuming if you were not interested. For those who had an interest, it was worth trying their luck.
The Process of Participating in the Promotion
How did the process go? How did the participants participate in the promotion to in Xbox console and other games? If you did not participate in the promotion, the following as the process involved in the promotion for a chance to in the Xbox console or other games:
- Each participant was expected to collect the codes. To do that, they had to buy the mountain dew and Dorito items. The codes were at specific caps of 20 oz. Mountain dew drinks and selected Dorito bags. You had to shop as many as you can to gather more codes.
- Bank the codes. After successfully gathering the codes, you had to use the codes to bank points. How did that happen? You had to go online at every60seconds.com, open an account and bank to gain entry into the daily Xbox and other games sweepstake.
- Bid to win. That was the last bit of the promotion. After collecting and banking the codes to gain points, you had to stay online to bid the Xbox console and other games available. The bidding happened every day starting from 9 am to 11.30 pm from November 8th to December 15th
Advantages of every 60 seconds promotion
- Increase in sales. People were supposed to collect codes from specified marked caps and Dorito bags. To do that, they had to buy the two items. That drove sales of the mountain dew and Dorito snacks. That was the main aim of promotion in the first place.
- People trusted the two brands. People had trust in the two items that after they collect and bank the codes, they will win the Xbox console and other games. The trust drove people in buying the items to win and to be energized when playing games.
- Brand awareness. Through Pepsi is a known brand, there are people ho dint know the mountain dew drink and Dorito snacks. Through the massive advertisement and talk in the media, it saw more and more people aware of the two items, how they taste by buying and using them.
- The promotion was simple and easy. For those who took part in the promotion, they admit that taking part in the promotion a simple and easy. All you had to do was to adhere to the rules, collect, and bank the codes then use points you gain to bid for the Xbox console.
Disadvantages of every 60 seconds promotion
- Time-consuming. Many people took part in the promotion, but to some, they say it as a time-consuming affair. That is because it involved the collection of codes. For the fact that the codes were not available in all the caps of mountain dew and Dorito bags, it meant you buying multiple times to get the code.
- You had to be online to bid for the Xbox console. It means the participant had to stay online every 60 seconds to bid and wait whether he or she wins or loses. It was time-consuming, especially for people who are busy the whole day.
- Age limiting. Yes, the age limit as 17 years and above, but most that play games and would be excited to win the Xbox console and other games are 10-17 years. It meant that most teenagers were locked out of the opportunity to win the games.
The promotion was s an excellent idea of two brands coming together to drive sales. According to Chauncey Hamlet, a senior director at Pepsi, dew and Doritos are a staple of the gaming industry. Anyone who loves games and has an interest in playing every day. Doritos and mountain dew drink are a wonderful combination.
Though there were speculations whether people worn or not, it is evident that the promotion drove sales, made people aware of the two brands, and there are evident of winners online. It was another chance of the two brands to prove to the public how much they love interacting with gamers.
Though the promotion is long gone, it was a one that got gaming people to the stores. That is because they have to spot unique 10-digit character code from specially selected mountain dew drinks and Dorito bags. After collecting, there were supposed to go online at www.every60seconds.com and bank.
After banking the participant as supposed to use the points, they get from banking to bid for Xbox console and other games that were being auctioned online on the side for a specific period. It as a promotion that drove sales and rewarded lucky customers with the console and other games.